Whisky: Ardnamurchan AD/07.21:05 Single Malt
Next up is the latest release from Ardnamurchan. This is a mix of 50:50 peated and unpeated spirit, 65% bourbon and 35% sherry casks.
Ginger, Orange peel, fresh cut grass., sea air, butter, toffee crisp, cinnamon a touch of new make and finally smoke.
Lemonade, Grapefruit, blood orange, rose water and salt. Very well balanced. Nice spicy warming finish. We’re really surprised this is only 46% as it could easily pass for cask strength.
Nose (with water)
Toffee comes through to the forefront, theres black pepper, Marshmallows and cream.
Palate (with water)
Don’t add water! You lose the citrus notes that are characteristic of Ardnamurchan along with a a lot of the sweeter notes. Very spicy long finish.
If you want to know why Ardnamurchan is our pick of the new wave of distilleries such as Torabhaig and Nc'nean just try this release. For £45 it’s an easy buy.
- 10 - Perfection. A whisky that we’ll remember forever.
- 9 - Amazing. We’d pay through the nose for a bottle.
- 8 - Great. Pick this up at RRP.
- 7 - Good. Happy to have a dram or two but wouldn’t buy a bottle.
- 6 - Passable. Would accept a dram, but wouldn’t seek it out.
- 5 - Poor. Would drink if it was the only option.
- 4 - Bad. Maybe it can be saved by ginger beer?
- 3 - Awful. It can't be saved by ginger beer.
- 2 - Pour it out
- 1 - We’ve never tried a whisky rated this low and hopefully never will.
Have you tried Ardnamurchan AD/07.21:05 Single Malt? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Interested in trying drams like these? We've created the Two Whisky Bros Dram Club to help you get access to high quality, rare whisky by the dram.